Pilates Dynamics is affiliated to the Pilates Education Institute USA. We are also a member of the International PMA (Pilates Method Alliance) Registry of Schools. Our Course is endorsed by REPSSA.
Our Mat Teacher Training Course is endorsed by REPSSA (Register of Exercise Professionals South Africa) which is the Registered Professional Body for the Fitness Industry that recognises qualifications and expertise. REPS sets an international standard bench mark and runs across the whole of Europe, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, U.A.E, Canada, Belgium, Poland, USA and South Africa. Our course has been awarded 20 CPD Points.
The Pilates Dynamics Instructor Training Program meets all of the requirements of the prestigious Pilates Method Alliance (PMA) for a 450 Hour Comprehensive Teacher Training program. Graduates of our program will be fully qualified to sit for the Pilates Method Alliance Certification Exam. This will establish you firmly as part of the Universal (International) Pilates Industry. It will ensure that you are a notch above the rest and show that you have and will maintain a high level of professionalism, which will help strengthen the profession that provides both your income and your passion.
(The PMA certification program offers the only third-party certification in the pilates field. Should you decide to take the PMA Pilates certification exam after completion of our 450-hour program certification, you will establish your legitimacy and your compatibility with the teaching and safety standards established by a range of experts in the international field of pilates.)
We offer an intensive course and you will be continuously supported throughout your pilates journey by our very qualified team of pilates professionals. We are here to mentor you to towards a successful and rewarding pilates career.
What is Included?
Basic; Intermediate and Advanced level exercises
History of Pilates; Philosophy & Principles of Pilates; Principles & Guidelines for Teaching & Professionalism; Exercise Description and Analysis; Code of Ethics & Practice; Safety; Anatomy 1
Anatomy 2; Posture Patterns; Mat Level 1; Exercise Adaption; Use of Props
Mat Level 2 exercises; Stretching; Exercise Adaption; Use of Props
Mat Level 3 exercises; Common Spine Conditions; Exercise adaption; Use of Props; Auto Immune Diseases; Pregnancy Pilates; Construction of Programs & Program Flow
- Inclusive of all the above modules are: Exercise Adaption and Modifications; Using of Props; Teaching Cues; Construction of Programs; Program Flow
- Written and Practical tests are written throughout lectures
Total Mat Course Hours : 100
Lecture hours = 30 hours
This is the theoretical component. Lectures cover exercise analysis, practice and discussions.
Self-practice = 25 hours
This is individual practice of the Mat exercises which is done at Pilates Dynamics Studio. Students can either practice on their own or in groups at a time arranged between the studio and the student. Practice hours can start immediately after the first lecture.
- Mat Students: For a period of 4 months, effective from the start date of the course, students may attend FREE group MAT classes at the Studio. Normal class fees are applicable after the 4 months have expired.
Observation = 15 hours
Observation hours consist of observing how seasoned teachers teach their classes. Observation of classes need to be arranged between the studio and the student. Observation hours can start immediately after the first lecture.
Trainee Teaching Hours = 30 hours
Students are welcome to practise on friends & family at the studio. Teaching hours require that the student teaches at the host location. Please check times with the studio.
Total Course hours = 100 hours
Log sheets are provided to keep track of required practical hours. They need to be signed by a person of authority at the studio.
The studio also offers One-On-One Teacher Training. This is suited to people with a busy schedule or someone who is unable to attend pre-determined group lecture dates and times. Please contact the studio for availability and further information.
In the event that a student misses a module/s, private tuition is available from the Teacher Trainer at an additional hourly fee of R375.
Students who have completed the Mat qualification but who are unable to do the FULL Comprehensive Course can choose to do the FULL Equipment section OR the Individual Equipment modules. CLICK HERE to visit the Pilates Equipment Teacher Training Course page for further information.
2018 TEACHER TRAINING COURSE STARTS ON FRIDAY THE 26th OF JANUARY
Module 1 & 2 (Mat):
- Friday 28 July 2017 from 14h00 to 16h30
- Saturday 29 July 2017 from 09h00 to 16h00
- Sunday 30 July 2017 from 09h00 to 13h00
Module 3 & 4 (Mat):
- Friday 25 August 2017 from 14h00 to 16h30
- Saturday 26 August 2017 from 09h00 to 16h00
- Sunday 27 August 2017 from 09h00 to 13h00
Testing and Exam Requirements
Tests/assessments are written throughout the modules. These tests/assessments do not count towards the final mark and are only done to evaluate progress at various stages during the course.
Students are only eligible to write exams once all modules have been attended and all practical hours have been completed.
- Friday 30 June 2017
- Friday 24 November 2017
Testing will consist of:
- Written Exam of 2 hours (this will cover all theory notes received)
- Practical Evaluation of exercises (practical demonstration of any 5 exercises given by the examiner)
- Teaching Evaluation (a 50-minute Pilates class demonstration on a client)
The pass rate for written and practical exams is 70%
Exam fees: R500 (written & practical)
Should any exam have to be repeated, the following fees will apply;
- Theory exam: NO CHARGE
- Any practical exam: R400 per item
Students need to complete and pass this course within 1 year of commencement of the course.
Upon finishing all of the above requirements, a certificate of completion will be issued.
The Mat Course is a stepping stone to the full Comprehensive Course. This course is transferable if the Comprehensive Course is taken at a later date.
A Mat student – after graduation of the Mat Course – will be allowed to transfer to the Equipment section of the Comprehensive Course at a reduced fee as more fully described under Payment Options, should they decide to do the Equipment section of the Comprehensive Course in the same year.
Mat graduates also have the option to do selected individual Equipment modules as described on the Course Hours of the Equipment Course page.
Please Note: The Pilates Mat Training is a portion of the 450- hour Comprehensive Teacher Training Program.
Registration & Manual
R8 900 (VAT inclusive)
Cost over 5 months
R9 500 (VAT inclusive)
Payment over 5 months
R2 375 immediate payment
R1 425 per month x 5
**Please note that payment of the once-off amount OR 25% deposit (when choosing a payment plan) is due together with submission of your application form. This will secure your place as space is limited.
- The 25% deposit is non-refundable.
- No deposit or any other subsequent amounts paid are refundable from the date of commencement of the course, i.e. from Module 1.
- No refunds are given if a student misses any module/s.
- No refunds are given should a student fail to attend the course following acceptance, confirmation and payment of the deposit or once-off cost payment, or any other amount paid towards the course.
The following will apply should a Mat graduate wish to continue with the Comprehensive Course immediately after completion of their Mat qualification, in the same year:
- Should a Mat Student graduate wish to continue with the Comprehensive Training Course, a discount of R3 000 on the Comprehensive Training Course will be given.
- The student will have to pay the registration and manual fee of R1 800.
- The student can also select to do any one of the individual Equipment modules as indicated on the Pilates Equipment Teacher Training Course page.
A students’ success primarily depends on the commitment and the willingness to go the distance, regardless of previous experience. Our team is available to guide you through the process and assist you in reaching both your personal best and the high standards that we require. Please ask for assistance should you require any.