Mat, Equipment and Comprehensive Courses
Course is limited to 10 people
The Pilates Dynamics Internationally Recognised and Certified Teacher Training Program is lead by founder and director Andriesa Verloop. After opening her first Pilates studio in 2008, Andriesa continues to share her passion for this amazing fitness movement through the Pilates Dynamics International Pilates Teacher Training Courses. Her success as a trainer and educator is due to her exposure to various different Pilates styles over the years, as well as her intensive training background. Andriesa is assisted by a group of senior trainers with exposure both nationally and internationally, who have qualifications in BA Human Movement Science, BSc Physiotherapy, Personal Training and Professional Dance and Ballet.
Included in the 450 hour Comprehensive Pilates Training is the 100 hour Mat Pilates Training portion. If you are interested in signing up for the Mat Pilates portion only, that option is available. The Mat Pilates Training is held the 1st two weekends of the full Comprehensive training.
Pilates Dynamics is an affiliate studio of the Pilates Education Institute (PEI) in America. The PEI is an internationally recognised Teacher Training organisation with studios in more than 10 countries.
This Certified Pilates Teacher Training program was created and structured in such a way as to ensure that all of our students get the highest qualifications possible to become a top-notch Pilates Trainer with confident and unique teaching styles.
We are a Registered School Member of the prestigious International Pilates Method Alliance Association (PMA) and our programs meet all of the international standards.
Our course is endorsed by REPSSA (Register of Exercise Professionals South Africa). Both our Mat and Equipment Courses have each been awarded 20 CPD points, i.e. 40 CPD points for the Comprehensive Course.
450 Hour Comprehensive Course (combination of Mat and Equipment)
– Training manuals
– Mat Pilates exercises (levels 1, 2 and 3) – classical repertoire and contemporary approaches
– Learn how to use Pilates apparatus like the Reformer, Cadillac, Chairs, Towers and Barrels as well as small props
– Movement analysis
– Injury modifications
– How to develop a training program
– Studio availability for practice, teaching and observation hours
– Teacher trials
– Final Exam (pass rate of 70%)
Pilates Anytime Online – R240 per month (depending on exchange rate)
Exam Fee – R500 (written and practical)
|Summary of Work Covered:||Hours:||Cost:|
|Mat (Levels 1, 2 & 3) with Exercise Variations, Anatomy 1 & 2, Props & Assists, Postural Analysis, Injuries/Pathologies, Teaching Methods||100||R8900|
|Equipment (Reformer, Cadillac, Chair, Ladder Barrels, Arc Barrels) with Exercise Variations, Props & Assists, Injuries/Pathologies
**A pre-requisite for doing this course is the Mat Course indicated above**
|Comprehensive Course (the combined Mat and Equipment Courses as indicated above)||450||R19800|
Should a student decide to continue with the Equipment section in the same year that the Certified Mat work Section has been completed, a discount of 15% will apply on the Equipment Course Price of R13 500
Pilates Dynamics Studio and Education Centre offers tailored payment plans. If financing is an obstacle in obtaining a quality Pilates education, please contact us to discuss financial planning.
|Barrels & Props:||10||15||11||18||54|
Course hours are inclusive of written tests.
|Section:||First Course 2018:||Second Course 2018:|
|Mat Module 1||3rd – 4th February||7th – 8th July|
|Mat Module 2||24th – 25th February||28th – 29th July|
|Reformer Module 1||17th – 18th March||4th – 5th August|
|Reformer Module 2||7th – 8th April||25th – 26th August|
|Cadillac||5th – 6th May||8th – 9th September|
|Chair||26th – 27th May||29th – 30th September|
|Ladder Barrels & Props||9th – 10th June||20th – 21st October|
Our Pilates Teacher Trainers & Lecturers
– We offer an intensive and in-depth course in line with international standards
– You will be continuously supported throughout your Pilates journey by our very qualified team of Pilates professionals
– Our Teacher Trainers/Lecturers have been exposed to numerous different styles of Pilates and have many years of training and education experience.
– Our Teacher Trainers/Lecturers hold the following degrees: BSc Physiotherapy, BA Human Movement Science, Personal Training Qualifications, Professional Dance and Ballet
– Our Teacher Trainers/Lecturers have had exposure both nationally and internationally.
– Our mission is to mentor you towards a successful and rewarding Pilates career
– We are here to teach you how to teach, not just what to teach.
What makes us different
– We are internationally recognised with global affiliations and professional associations
– The lecturers of the courses have been exposed to numerous styles of Pilates and have many years of training and education experience (both nationally and internationally)
– Our courses are in-depth and intensive and offer anatomy
– We offer the most comprehensive compilation of exercises
– We are flexible in terms of finances to enable you to obtain a quality Pilates education
– We understand that people lead busy lives, therefore it is not always possible to do all of the required hours at OUR studio so you can do your hours at OTHER studios and ONLINE
– At our studio, you will be exposed to the integration of TRX and Ballet Barre into Pilates
– We include various small props in the training
Early Bird Special
Register before the 15th of December and get 10% off your tuition fees.
Knowledge of the fitness industry and the teachings of Joseph Pilates is highly recommended. Each student should be familiar with the practice and technique of Pilates and have experience in both Mat Pilates and Pilates on the apparatus before embarking on the 450 hour teacher training. To book appointments at Pilates Dynamics prior to training please contact the studio direct.
Prior skills from an athletic activity can help develop body awareness and other attributes that are extremely beneficial to the teacher training.
Upon finishing all of the required hours (practical, observation and teaching) and passing the final exam with a rate of 70% and above, a certificate of completion will be issued.
All required practice, observation and teaching hours need to be completed within 60 days of each module instruction.
Although ideal to complete your hours per module instruction within 60 days of instruction, we understand that it might not be possible for some students. Please ask for an extension if you are unable to do this. However, exams need to be written before the end of the same year in which you have started your course.
Observation hours can be started and counted once the course has started. Students can schedule observation hours at a studio. Our studio is available for practical hours. 50% of observation hours can be done via the the online video library of Pilates Anytime.
Personal Practise Hours
Students can start recording and accumulating personal practice hours once the course has started. Accepted forms of personal practise hours include practising on your own or taking Private and Group Classes at a studio. Our studio is available for practical hours.
Practice Teaching Hours
Recorded teaching hours taught after the start date of the course will count towards practise teaching. You can practise teaching by instructing a friend, family member or apprentice instructor at a studio. Our studio is available for practice teaching hours to be done.
Mat Students: Students can attend FREE Group Mat classes for 4 months from start date of course at our studio.
Comprehensive Students: Students can attend FREE Group Mat & Reformer classes for 6 months from start date of course at our studio.
No refunds are given should a student fail to attend the course following acceptance, confirmation and payment of the deposit or once-off cost payment, or any other amount paid towards the course.
No refunds are given if a student misses any module/s.
A students’ success primarily depends on the commitment and the willingness to go the distance, regardless of previous experience. Our team is available to guide you through the process and assist you in reaching both your personal best and the high standards that we require. Please ask for assistance should you require any.