Mat, Equipment and Comprehensive Courses
OR Individual Large Equipment Modules (contact us for a quote)
Course is limited to 10 people
The Pilates Dynamics Internationally Recognised and Certified Teacher Training Program is lead by founder and director Andriesa Verloop. After opening her first Pilates studio in 2008, Andriesa continues to share her passion for this amazing fitness movement through the Pilates Dynamics International Pilates Teacher Training Courses. Her success as a trainer and educator is due to her exposure to various different Pilates styles over the years, as well as her intensive training background. Andriesa is assisted by a group of senior trainers with exposure both nationally and internationally, who have qualifications in BA Human Movement Science, BSc Physiotherapy, Personal Training and Professional Dance and Ballet.
Included in the 450 hour Comprehensive Pilates Training is the 100 hour Mat Pilates Training portion. If you are interested in signing up for the Mat Pilates portion only, that option is available. The Mat Pilates Training is held the 1st two weekends of the full Comprehensive training.
Pilates Dynamics is an affiliate studio of the Pilates Education Institute (PEI) in America. The PEI is an internationally recognised Teacher Training organisation with studios in the following countries:
– United States
– United Kingdom
– New Zealand
– South Africa
This Certified Pilates Teacher Training program was created and structured in such a way as to ensure that all of our students get the highest qualifications possible to become a top-notch Pilates Trainer with confident and unique teaching styles.
PMA (Pilates Method Alliance):
Our program meets and exceeds all the requirements of this prestigious and international association. This means we comply with international education standards.
PEA (Pilates Education Association):
We are a registered pilates Teacher Training School member (R – PTT) as well as a registered Continuing Education Provider (R – CEP) of this prestigious and professional international association. The PEA is a nonprofit association representing the Pilates community. Their mission is to promote and support the integrity of the Pilates Method. They do this through:
- Upholding worldwide growth of Pilates through education and community
- Celebrating the Pilates Method, traditions and lineages; further promoting the teachings of Joseph Pilates
- Advocating the self-regulation in the Pilates industry and universal access to effective Pilates practices;
- Educating the public on the value and credibility of voluntary registration with the Pilates Education Association.
- Inspiring members to a Pilates community by providing fair and full feedback to Registered Pilates Schools, which fosters accountability and continued improvement; including measurable test results, passing rates of comprehensive teachers and self-evaluation tools for Pilates schools
- Advocating to protect the Pilates community from unfair or unnecessary burdensome government regulation
- Guiding Pilates teachers and schools in achieving success with conscious and effective business practices; and
- Serving the member community by supporting scholarship programs, providing benefits, and developing strategic alliances with Pilates educators.
Our course is endorsed by REPSSA (Register of Exercise Professionals South Africa). Both our Mat and Equipment Courses have each been awarded 20 CPD points, i.e. 40 CPD points for the Comprehensive Course.
450 Hour Comprehensive Course (combination of Mat and Equipment)
– Training manuals
– Mat Pilates exercises (levels 1, 2 and 3) – classical repertoire and contemporary approaches
– Learn how to use Pilates apparatus like the Reformer, Cadillac, Chairs, Towers and Barrels as well as small props (TRX; Ballet Barre; Swiss Ball; Thera-Bands; Foam Roller; Magic Circle; and Poles)
– Movement analysis
– Injury modifications
– How to develop a training program
– Studio availability for practice, teaching and observation hours
– Teacher trials
– Final Exam (pass rate of 70%)
Pilates Anytime Online – R240 per month (depending on exchange rate)
Exam Fee – R500 (written and practical)
Training Program & Fees (vat inclusive)
|Summary of Work Covered:||Hours:||Cost:|
|Mat (Levels 1, 2 & 3) with Exercise Variations, Anatomy 1 & 2, Props & Assists, Postural Analysis, Injuries/Pathologies, Teaching Methods||100||R9345|
|Equipment (Reformer, Cadillac, Chair, Ladder Barrels, Arc Barrels) with Exercise Variations, Props & Assists, (TRX, Ballet Barre, Swiss Ball, Thera-Bands, Foam Roller, Magic Circle, and Poles) Injuries/Pathologies
**A pre-requisite for doing this course is the Mat Course indicated above**
|Comprehensive Course (the combined Mat and Equipment Courses as indicated above)||450||R20790|
|Mat Pilates Course:|
|Once-Off Cost – R9 345 All Inclusive|
|5 Months – R9 975 (25 % deposit of R2494 & R 1496.20 per month x 5)|
|Equipment Pilates Course:|
|Once-Off Cost – R14 175 All Inclusive|
|5 Months – R15 750 (20% deposit of R3 150 & R2 520 per month x 5)|
|Comprehensive Pilates Course:|
|Once-Off Cost – R20 790 All Inclusive|
|5 Months – R23 415 (20% deposit of R4 683 & R3 746.40 per month x 5)|
*****Pilates Dynamics Studio and Education Centre offers tailored payment plans. If financing is an obstacle in obtaining a quality Pilates education, please contact us to discuss financial planning.
*****Should a student decide to continue with the Equipment section in the same year that the Certified Mat work Section has been completed, a discount of 15% will apply on the Equipment Course Price of R14 175
*****Individual Equipment courses are also available, should you not want to do the full Equipment course. Please contact us for a quote.
|Barrels & Props:||10||15||11||18||54|
Course hours are inclusive of written tests.
|Section:||First Course 2018:||Second Course 2018:|
|Mat Module 1||3rd – 4th February||7th – 8th July|
|Mat Module 2||24th – 25th February||28th – 29th July|
|Reformer Module 1||17th – 18th March||18th – 19th August|
|Reformer Module 2||7th – 8th April||8th -9th September|
|Cadillac||5th – 6th May||29th – 30th September|
|Chair||26th – 27th May||20th – 21st October|
|Ladder Barrels & Props||9th – 10th June||10th – 11th November|
Pilates Mat & Small Equipment Exam: Friday 23 November 2018
– Theory Exam: From 9h00 to 11h30
– 1st Practical Exam: From 11h30 to 14h00
– 2nd Practical Exam: From 14h00 to 15h00
Assessor & Moderator: Andriesa Verloop and Monique Havenga
Cost: R500 Vat inclusive
Comprehensive Exam: Saturday 24 November 2018
– Theory Exam: From 8h00 to 10h30
– 1st Practical Exam: From 10h30 to 13h00
– 2nd Practical Exam: From 13h00 to 14h00
Assessor & Moderator: Andriesa Verloop and Monique Havenga
Cost: R500 Vat inclusive
Our Pilates Teacher Trainers & Lecturers
– We offer an intensive and in-depth course in line with international standards
– You will be continuously supported throughout your Pilates journey by our very qualified team of Pilates professionals
– Our Teacher Trainers/Lecturers have been exposed to numerous different styles of Pilates and have many years of training and education experience.
– Our Teacher Trainers/Lecturers hold the following degrees: BSc Physiotherapy, BA Human Movement Science, Personal Training Qualifications, Professional Dance and Ballet
– Our Teacher Trainers/Lecturers have had exposure both nationally and internationally.
– Our mission is to mentor you towards a successful and rewarding Pilates career
– We are here to teach you how to teach, not just what to teach.
What makes us different
– We are internationally recognised with global affiliations and professional associations
– The lecturers of the courses have been exposed to numerous styles of Pilates and have many years of training and education experience (both nationally and internationally)
– Our courses are in-depth and intensive and offer anatomy
– We offer the most comprehensive compilation of exercises
– We are flexible in terms of finances to enable you to obtain a quality Pilates education
– We understand that people lead busy lives, therefore it is not always possible to do all of the required hours at OUR studio so you can do your hours at OTHER studios and ONLINE
– At our studio, you will be exposed to the integration of TRX and Ballet Barre into Pilates
– We include various small props in the training
Early Bird Specials
First Course 2018 – starting Saturday 3rd February 2018
-Register before the 15th December and get 10% off your tuition fees.
-Equipment Course: Register and Pay for the equipment course by the 1st of March 2018 and get 10% of your tuition fees.
Second Course 2018 – starting Saturday 7th July 2018
-Register before the 15th May 2018 and get 10% off your tuition fees.
-Equipment Course: Register and Pay for the equipment course by the 1st of August 2018 and get 10% of your tuition fees.
Knowledge of the fitness industry and the teachings of Joseph Pilates is highly recommended. Each student should be familiar with the practice and technique of Pilates and have experience in both Mat Pilates and Pilates on the apparatus before embarking on the 450 hour teacher training. To book appointments at Pilates Dynamics prior to training please contact the studio direct.
Prior skills from an athletic activity can help develop body awareness and other attributes that are extremely beneficial to the teacher training.
Upon finishing all of the required hours (practical, observation and teaching) and passing the final exam with a rate of 70% and above, a certificate of completion will be issued.
All required practice, observation and teaching hours need to be completed within 60 days of each module instruction.
Although ideal to complete your hours per module instruction within 60 days of instruction, we understand that it might not be possible for some students. Please ask for an extension if you are unable to do this. However, exams need to be written before the end of the same year in which you have started your course.
Observation hours can be started and counted once the course has started. Students can schedule observation hours at a studio. Our studio is available for practical hours. 75% of observation hours can be done via the the online video library of Pilates Anytime.
Personal Practise Hours
Students can start recording and accumulating personal practice hours once the course has started. Accepted forms of personal practise hours include practising on your own or taking Private and Group Classes at a studio. Our studio is available for practical hours.
Practice Teaching Hours
Recorded teaching hours taught after the start date of the course will count towards practise teaching. You can practise teaching by instructing a friend, family member or apprentice instructor at a studio. Our studio is available for practice teaching hours to be done.
Mat Students: Students can attend FREE Group Mat classes for 4 months from start date of course at our studio.
Comprehensive Students: Students can attend FREE Group Mat & Reformer classes for 6 months from start date of course at our studio.
No refunds are given should a student fail to attend the course following acceptance, confirmation and payment of the deposit or once-off cost payment, or any other amount paid towards the course.
No refunds are given if a student misses any module/s.
A students’ success primarily depends on the commitment and the willingness to go the distance, regardless of previous experience. Our team is available to guide you through the process and assist you in reaching both your personal best and the high standards that we require. Please ask for assistance should you require any.