Pilates For Pregnant Women
(Our group classes contain a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 8 people)
Pilates is the ideal form of exercise to make your pregnancy and the birth more comfortable. With its focus on core stability, the pelvic floor, gently strengthening and toning the muscles, it develops good posture which can easily nose-dive during pregnancy.
Benefits of Pilates During Pregnancy
- It is an extremely safe and effective method of exercise. By focusing on the postural muscles you will improve your core stability and pelvic-floor strength, to help you stand tall and avoid backache.
- Pilates during pregnancy gives you great abdominal tone. Stronger abdominals provide better support and enables your spine to lengthen. The improvement in your posture gives your baby more room.
- Pilates is respected and recommended by the medical profession. It alleviates the aches and pains often associated with the changes that are taking place in your body.
- Pilates improves circulation, which is beneficial to you and your baby.
- Pilates enables you to develop increased body awareness. You will learn to relax and breathe correctly in preparation for labour.
- Pilates promotes good recovery from labour and the birth, giving you the basis to regain your former figure with the post-natal programme.
Our Pilates instructors work with pre and postnatal gynaecological referrals and work closely with our pregnant clients’ obstetricians and midwives to ensure the wellbeing of both mother and baby. This ensures that, should difficulties with the pregnancy arise, the Pilates instructor is able to discuss the best possible treatment with the client’s obstetrician.