What is TRX Pilates:
Designed by a Navy SEAL the TRX® Suspension Trainer is a go-anywhere workout and a complete total-body training tool used by athletes, military personnel, and fitness professionals around the world.
By utilizing your body weight against gravity and by using unstable balance points the TRX® lets you perform hundreds of functional exercises, letting you build strength, flexibility, core stability, and endurance along the way.
Why do Pilates TRX Training:
- The TRX is great for anyone who wants to have more strength training regardless of their fitness levels.
- Many exercises done on the TRX suspension cables integrate so many muscles, which require oxygen, this increases your heartbeat and breath as you hold a move or do your reps, making many TRX exercises superefficient, integrated strength and cardio moves.
- It will never bore you: Two suspension straps — infinite ways to use them. You can do it all with TRX, from lunges to planks to upper body resistance exercises. Your workouts can change as many times as you want them to. That means that both your mind and your body will stay challenged with all the ways you can mix up your workouts.
What is the Ballet Barre method:
Barre derives from the Lotte Berk Method founded in 1959 in London by its namesake, a German dancer looking to stay fit while nursing a back injury.
The barre method uses your own body weight for resistance and focuses on small, deliberate movements that focus on specific groups of muscles, specifically muscles that aren’t used in other workouts. Muscles are worked to the point of fatigue, and then stretched for relief. Proper form, body alignment and posture is stressed, which in turn leads to an overall strengthening of core muscles and the appearance of an aligned, lean body.
What is the benefits of Ballet Barre:
- Perhaps one of the best benefits of barre is that it’s fun! It incorporates the use of upbeat music and engaging choreography. When working out is fun and enjoyable, your chances of staying with the program greatly increase.
- Barre helps strengthen and tone your muscles without increasing bulk, and it improves your posture. It also increases cardiovascular endurance and metabolism, which helps to quickly burn calories.
- This energetic workout increases the heartrate, causing the body to move oxygen and blood to the muscles more efficiently.
- Regular barre workouts can increase your bone density, which can help prevent conditions like osteoporosis.
- They can also help you avoid injury. The small isometric muscle movements used during barre classes build muscle strength without putting a strain on ligaments and tendons like other fitness training methods can.
- Focus and concentration are required to perform the small precise movements utilized in barre. Allowing your mind to concentrate solely on your technique increases feelings of relaxation and decreases stress levels.
Why join Pilates Dynamics’s Pilates Mat (TRX & Ballet Barre) classes:
Our classes at held in a small and intimate setting surrounded by a lush and beautiful garden. We only allow a maximum of 8 people in our group classes to ensure individual attention. Our well experienced instructors will ensure that you receive a unique and full body workout that is different and exciting every time. We have several classes from early morning through to 20h00 in the evenings throughout the week, so you are guaranteed to find a class that will suit your schedule.